Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tethering a HTC EVO 4G Sprint Phone to a PC?

Anytime I do this to provide Net access to my laptop, it shuts down Sprints network and runs off of WiFi only. I wouldn't need to tether the phone to the laptop if WiFi was available. So is there any way to tether the laptop to the phone and get net access for the laptop WITHOUT having to fork out the extra $60 a month that Sprint wants for the service? There is no high speed internet available where I live, so its using the mobile phone or go for a drive. I play a lot of Steam powered games that require internet access just to install. Even if I only intend on playing them single player at home, I still require the net access to do it. I want to be able to install some of my Steam powered games at home instead of having to drive someplace to find a open WiFi connection to install the games.

No comments:

Post a Comment