Sunday, August 7, 2011

Feeling quite guilty about a decision (financial) I made?

Well first things first, I AM NOT A NAZI. The people that have read my previous questions have seen that I'm a bit of a collector when it comes to Third Reich Memorobilia, and all I wanted was to get the complete black allgemeine SS uniform. This was my goal (a stupid one at that), and I promised I would put every dollar I got towards the uniform. Well I got one of the last "major" parts of the uniform: the tunic/jacket, and when I had purchased other nazi related things, my dad casually told me "Just be extremely careful who you share this with" (Damn good advice). I had asked him what he thought of my collecting, and said that he knew I didn't believe in that stuff and I was just a memorobilia collector, which is what I thought of myself. So I worked in the yard trying to make money for the jacket, and I recently purchased the jacket, and this time my dad seemed quite unsure about this purchase, and said something to the effect of "Well I just hope no one thinks that I'm a nazi because I bought this for you, thats all I need" or something of the sort. My dad was very proud of the work I did, and told me so, but it seems like all that hard work went to waste when I got the jacket. Before this instance, I felt no guilt in owning these items, but ever since then, something overcame me and I have felt a terrible feeling of guilt. Please give me some advice on what I should do, and don't be an a$$ but be frank and honest with me. Should I hide the uniform in a box and never look at it again (I hide it in my closet anyway, except for the hat, but it would be a waste of money this way)? And also, probably more importantly, how can I make it up to my dad so he doesn't think I'm wasting my money or turning into some "nazi"? Which I sure as hell am not...anyway, thank you guys soooo much for your input :)

No comments:

Post a Comment